Thursday, December 15, 2005

DECEMBER, and beyond!

Hey boys and girls-- it's been a few weeks since I've popped my head up, but there's good reason! I've been busting my butt getting NOBLE BOY ready to ship, and just got back from a much-needed break on Maui. I scored an amazing new Ukelele from Mele Ukelele (www.meleukelele.com) and found a buried treasure left by my good pal Ricky Nierva at the base of Black Rock in Kaanapali. And yes, I had to jump off of said Black Rock, an infamous rock diving spot. My little sister-in-law showed me up, though, I'm afraid, with two jumps. At any rate, we all had a blast, and it was amazing watching my little boy of 8 months kick his toes in the surf and giggle into the trade winds.

Now, heads-up, and tell a friend: NOBLE BOY will be in the next issue of PREVIEWS, offered through AdHouse Books. Go preorder it, preorder one for a friend, and tell your local retailer to preorder at least ten for their shop. Next up is TIGER!TIGER!TIGER!, the long-awaited return of Southpaw!

Also, I'll be contributing new short stories, fully painted, to two 2006 anthologies: PROJECT: ROMANTIC and AFTERWORKS II. These shorts will be stand-alone, but also link up into a longer work. More on the stories soon! PROJECT: ROMANTIC is, of course, the third entry into the AdHouse Books line of award-winning PROJECT:anthologies. AFTERWORKS II is a compilation of animation artists out of Emeryville, called E-VILLE PRESS. These guys are GOOD.

Hang tight, and have great holidays, everyone.

1 comment:

Brian "My Fault" Nicolucci said...

Wooo, that is looking beautiful. Can't wait until it hits the stores. A definite must buy once again!